Hi all,

I know not a provincially "rare" bird, but certainly a very interesting one for
Middlesex County (fourth record on eBird in the last decade, first since 2016)

This afternoon I found an American Bittern in the wetland just north of
Sunningdale Road between Richmond Street and Adelaide Street in London. The
wetland can be accessed off of Canvas Way. The pathway is flooded along the
retaining wall (in fact, that is where I first spotted the bittern!), so you
may find it useful to turn left off of Canvas Way onto Eclipse Walk. At the end
of the road there is another access point to the wetland.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44791441

Good birding,

Quinten Wiegersma

London, Ont