Hi All

The Purple Gallinule showed just after 8 pm and was visible for about 20
minutes tonight. It foraged around on the marsh and then went up about 3 feet
into the Frag and foraged about. I wonder if it was going to roost off the
ground.

Good birding,

Ellen Smout

> Location: John R Park Homestead cbe found by searching Google Maps, and is on
> County Rd 50 between Kingsville and Harrow in Essex County. If you park in
> the gravel parking lot up against a flower garden, walk to County Rd 50 and
> turn right. There is a bridge over the road, and the bird is less than 100m
> south of Rd50<x-apple-data-detectors://1> (toward the lake). Viewing is
> difficult and will require patience. The bird was resting for a while out of
> sight, then came back into view and foraged before flying across the creek,
> where it was still viewable but tricky. Hopefully that makes enough sense!
> The approximate GPS coordinate of the bird is (41.9966, -82.8485), which is
> in the middle of a small marsh.

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the
middle of nowhere, you find yourself." - Unknown

Follow me on Instagram & Twitter : eas9999