<birdalert@ontbirds.ca>, "birdalert@ontbirds.ca" <birdalert@ontbirds.ca> Cc:
Sent: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 at 4:02 PM Subject: Re: [Ontbirds] Swallow-tailed Kite -
Wasaga Beach  As a follow up to my posting last night, my friend just called to
say the Swallow-tailed Kite is now being seen in the same place as yesterday
(12th conc and Klondike Park Rd) and has been hunting in the area since 2:20pm.
Scott

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 10:27 PM, Scott Gibson via
ONTBIRDS<birdalert@ontbirds.ca> wrote:   Just wanted to get word out that there
was likely a Swallow-tailed Kite in the Wasaga Beach area this morning.  I did
not see it but rather a friend of mine saw it soaring 20ft above pine
plantation as he was mowing his lawn near intersection of 12th Conc. and
Klondike Rd.  He described it as the most obvious and distinct a bird he had
ever seen, roughly size of an osprey, white underneath with black wings with
long forked tail.  He also mentioned to me that there was a post on a local
bird sightings board from another individual that saw/described the same bird
in the same area. Sorry those are all the details I have.
Those in the area or that are heading up to see the Reddish Egret may want to
be on the lookout.
Directions - N on Hwy 400 to Barrie, east on Hwy 26 to Sunnidale Corners, N on
Klondike Park Rd.
Good luck.Scott

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android