Today Bob Tyler and I decided to bird Hanlan’s Point instead of Ward’s Island
and despite the winds that kept the Passerines down and hidden in the bushes we
didn’t do too bad.

Because of the winds we decided to try the Hanlan’s beach that was out of most
of the wind.

When we got to the beach we looked north up the beach (west of the airfield)
and spotted a lone Canada Goose on the beach with an apparent flock of mallards
also on the beach but as soon as we lifted our binoculars we realised that they
were not Mallards but Brant and in fact 20 of them. There was also a lone
Sanderling on the beach just past them.

After this great find we continued on down to the Trout Pond and back and on
the way we found 2 Great Egrets, 2 Great Blue Herons, a Green Heron, Wood
Ducks, American Wigeons, 2 Peregrine Falcons, Kestrels, Sharp-shined Hawks a
Turkey Vulture, Kingfisher, 20+ F;lickers, Sapsucker and E. Phoebes

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill
Ontario, Canada

You can't see birds if you don't go out but sit and wait for others to find
them.