There have been some good birds moving through the Haliburton area lately.
This morning around 10:00am, I found a mixed flock of shorebirds on mudflats on
the east side of Horseshoe Lake.  The flock contained   4 Pectoral Sandpipers,
8 Dunlin, 6 Greater Yellowlegs, and a single White-rumped Sandpiper, my first
in the county.  There are also a pair of Trumpeter Swans there.  Also, the
Mockingbird is still showing well at the Boshkung Narrows, and the single
Dunlin found there a few days ago has been replaced by a single Pectoral
Sandpiper.

Horseshoe Lake is NE of Minden.  From Hwy 35, travel east on Horseshoe Lake Rd
to Bethel Rd.  Turn right and drive about 1 km to Duck Lake Rd.  Left and drive
until you see a large wetland on your left.  The shorebirds were at the N end,
near the entrance to the golf course.

Boshkung Narrows is on Hwy 118, just W of Carnarvon.  Birds are visible from
the boat launch on the S side of the road.

Cheers

Ed Poropat
Haliburton, ON

Sent from my iPhone