Hi everyone,

The Slaty-backed Gull found yesterday continues at the Windsor-Essex Solid
Waste Authority Landfill. We had it from 11:45 until we left at 1:45. It is in
the same location on the south side of County Rd 18 w/ a large group of gulls.

Directions below by Dave Martin.

Jeremy Hatt and Mark Field

Cty rd 18 is a major east-west county road in Essex
County<x-apple-data-detectors://9> running from Amherstburg in the west to
Kingsville in the east. You can get to it from Arner Line to the east or from
Walker Road to the west. Walker Road is connected to Hwy 401. Arner Line
connects the town of Essex to the Lake Erie shoreline. If coming from the
Leamington area take Hwy 3 to Windsor and exit on Cty Rd 18 south of the Town
of Essex.

You will see the landfill long before you arrive. The gulls loaf in the
ploughed field to the south of the Landfill. The only parking is a narrow
shoulder on both sides of Rd 18. Traffic is fast along here so be careful
parking and getting out of your vehicle. An OPP officer asked that hazard
lights be used when stopped along the road.