Birders:

This afternoon I found a Purple Sandpiper and a Dunlin, both of which were at
the base of the pier that sticks out into Lake Erie, at Erieau in the
municipality of Chatham-Kent.

Directions: from Hwy 401, take exit 90 south to Blenheim. At the main
intersection in Blenheim (Main Street/Talbot St), turn right (west) and go
through the town and beyond for several kilometres to Erieau Road. Go left
(south) on Erieau Road all the way into the village of Erieau. Follow the
one-way street until it turns right. Follow Mariner's Road all the way to the
channel. Walk out to the base of the pier where both birds were feeding
actively.

For photos, check my blog:
https://pawsnaturenuggets.blogspot.com/2019/01/mid-january-shorebirds.html
[https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9QezOXeCKJg/XEJlPUAs2RI/AAAAAAAALgg/wiyFk7f0ZxUNymLHBj6ztXuQsvARxKtigCLcBGAs/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/DUNL%252C%2BJan%2B%252719%252C%2B1arpm.jpg]<https://pawsnaturenuggets.blogspot.com/2019/01/mid-january-shorebirds.html>

January Shorebirds: Purple and
Dunlin!<https://pawsnaturenuggets.blogspot.com/2019/01/mid-january-shorebirds.html>
I took a trip down to Erieau today, as I hadn't been there for a few weeks. No
one had posted anything of significance on eBird lately, but ...
pawsnaturenuggets.blogspot.com

Allen Woodliffe
Chatham