Hi, everyone,

Sally Cheung (our interpretive naturalist intern) just found 130 Bohemian
Waxwings in The Arboretum at the University of Guelph.  They appeared to be
eating buckthorn berries.  There is a good chance they will stick around for a
bit as we have lots of berry-producing woody plants here and often host
Bohemians when they come this far south.  I recommend hiking through our
grounds and keeping your eyes and ears open.  We didn't see any Cedar Waxwings
in the flock.

Cheers, Chris Earley

Directions to The Arboretum, University of Guelph:  Take hwy 6 north from the
401 to Guelph.  Turn east onto College Avenue.  Follow this to where it ends at
Victoria Road.  Just before you get to Victoria Road, turn right into The
Arboretum and follow the road to the two big parking lots and park.

Arboretum Map:  There is a pdf of our map on-line (click the link to The
Arboretum website below and then click on the green Arboretum Explorer button).
 Please note:  Some of our boardwalks are closed because they are very uneven
and slippery so do not go beyond the closed signs.  The waxwings were seen on
open trails in the northern corner of Wild Goose Woods.

Chris Earley, BSc (Zoology), MSc (Environmental Biology)

Interpretive Biologist and Education Coordinator

The Arboretum

University of Guelph

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

N1G 2W1

519-824-4120 ext 52201

cear...@uoguelph.ca

www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum<http://www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum>

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52649814@N05/

"The chief aim of interpretation is not instruction, but provocation"

                                               - Freeman Tilden