Yesterday Ian Cannell and I went down to Long Point and returned towards home
through the Fisherville and Hagersville areas.

Following are some of the birds we found but first the male Brewer’s Blackbird.
We found it at the Big Creek bridge along 1st Concession Road after about 1500
Grackles and 300 Red-wings passed through the area. It was well seen and even
it’s high pitched whistling call (my interpretation) was heard.

Other birds included 19 waterfowl such as 1500+ Tundra Swans, many Northern
Pintails, Northern Shoveler, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Canvasback, Redhead,
Ring-necked Duck, both Scaup, Hooded and Common Mergansers and 3 American
Coots. Most of the waterfowl were seen because of a lot of scope work but many
thousands were too far out even for scopes

We also found lots of Turkey Vultures, 6 Bald and 1 Golden Eagle, Northern
Harrier, Sharp-shinned, Red-tailed and Rough-legged Hawks, American Kestrel,
Merlin, 104 Turkeys, Sandhill Cranes, Killdeer, Bonaparte’s Gull, Red-bellied
Woodpeckers, Northern Flicker, Horned Larks, Common Raven, Eastern Bluebird,
Cedar Waxwings, lots of Song Sparrows and thousands of Common Grackles and
Red-winged Blackbirds.

 We were also told of Pine Siskins in Long Point Provincial Park.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, Ontario

Sent from Mail for Windows 10