Posted with the permission of the Ontbirds coordinator.

Spring is in the air, migrants are on the move, and the Huron Fringe Birding
Festival is ready for the arrival of both birds and birders!

The Festival runs over two, 4-day weekends, from May 24 to May 27, and May 30
to June 2. It is based out of MacGregor Point Provincial Park on Lake Huron,
near the town of Port Elgin in Bruce County. The Lake Huron shoreline fringe
creates a corridor that funnels migrant birds north through the Park and up the
Bruce Peninsula.  This area probably has the most nesting songbird species in
southern Ontario. This incredible diversity of flora and fauna hosts a rich
medley of events, ranging from botany, ornithology, art, photography, history,
archaeology, astronomy etc.  Accessibility ranges from mobility limited to
difficult.  See event description for details.

Festival outings are led by top leaders from across Ontario, as well as Bruce
and Grey County’s own local experts.

Registration opened March 1.  Events fill quickly! You can check out the
schedule of events on the Festival website to see what your choices are. Over
90 events are offered!   You’ll see why we, in our biased way, think we rank
with the best birding festivals in North America.

The complete program, including prices, camping reservations, accommodations
and food, are posted on the following websites:

http://friendsofmacgregor.org/page/huron-fringe-birding-festival

For camping or for yurts at MacGregor Point Provincial Park

https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx

For local food and accommodation in nearby Port Elgin

http://www.visitportelgin.ca/search-accomodation.php?subCategory=59&button=Search+No
 <

Check our blog

https://huronfringefest.wordpress.com

Fred Jazvac

Program Committee

Huron Fringe Birding Festival

Posted with the permission of the Ontbirds coordinator.

Spring soon will be in the air, migrants are on the move and the Huron Fringe
Birding Festival is ready for the arrival of both birds and birders!

The Festival runs over two, 4-day weekends, from May 24 to May 27, and May 30
to June 2. It is based out of MacGregor Point Provincial Park on Lake Huron,
near the town of Port Elgin in Bruce County. The Lake Huron shoreline fringe
creates a corridor that funnels migrant birds north through the Park and up the
Bruce Peninsula.  This area probably has the most nesting songbird species in
southern Ontario. The overall incredible diversity of flora and fauna add to
the richness of the events, a medley of wild flowers, ornithology, art,
photography, history, archaeology, astronomy etc.  Accessibility ranges from
mobility limited to difficult.  See event description for details.

Festival outings are led by top leaders from across Ontario, as well as Bruce
and Grey County’s own local experts.

Registration opened March 1.  Events will book up early!   You can check out