As a subscriber to GeneseeBirds I received this message posted by Lynn Braband
of Cornell University that may be of interest to Ontbird members.  The message
contains a link to a survey comparing birders and hunters. The survey contains
a fair bit of detail about Canadian birders.

Here is the note to GeneseeBirds....and the link.
I am reading about a large series of surveys (one each of birders, waterfowl
hunters, and the general public) sponsored by a collaboration of government
agencies, universities, and NGO’s www.nawmp.org/documents .

One of the striking results is how, in many ways, birders and hunters are
demographically similar, and different from the general population.

Birders and waterfowl hunters are both generally older and less diverse than
the general population. The median ages were 50 for hunters and 61 for birders.
According to the U. S. Census, the median age in the U. S. is 39. Nationwide,
97 percent of waterfowl hunters in the survey said they were Caucasian,
compared to 95 percent of birders. Overall, the U.S. population is about 77
percent Caucasian.

Best

Kayo

Kayo Roy