There is 1 American White Pelican currently on Abitibi River in Iroquois Falls
(Cochrane District) in Northern Ontario. It was found by Dwayne Hill this
morning and we were just able to relocate it late afternoon.  It is on the
rocks on the shore of Abitibi River with a group of Double-crested Cormorants
next to the decommissioned paper mill. We might have seen a second one flying
away as we got there but couldn't confirm.

For those interested, there are not a lot of accessible spots to view the bird;
the whole mill site is gated off. But we were able to see it from the hill
between Argyle Avenue and the closed NW Industrial rd. (with a scope from this
point:  48.769187°N, 80.670317°W) looking through mill structures.

Iroquois Falls is 330 km north of North Bay.  From Hwy 11, take Hwy 67 then
Cambridge avenue and access Argyle avenue through Park street.

Don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

Roxane Filion
South Porcupine, ON