On Saturday, August 17, 2019, a party of eight birded at the Moonbeam
sewage lagoons. A total of 25 species were observed, mostly ducks, which
provided an interesting study since many ducks are in eclipse this time of
year. Highlights among the ducks were one Wood Duck and one Bufflehead.

Other good finds were four Sandhill Cranes disappearing noiselessly
(unusual for them)  behind the tree line, some lingering Cliff Swallows,
one juvenile thrush that we were unable to identify, and assorted warblers.
A weasel type animal, likely a mink, provided some non-bird excitement.

We would like to thank the town of Moonbeam for allowing us access to the
sewage lagoons.

Angie & Ken Williams