Good day!

The James Bay shorebird project has been underway since 12 July. This season,
we have two field camps operational: Longridge Point and Little Piskwamish
Point. We've updated our website with the latest
summary<https://www.jamesbayshorebirdproject.com/seasonsummaries> from our
field crew for the period 14-27 August 2019. Highlights include southbound
pushes of adult shorebirds and influxes of juvenile shorebirds. A Prothonotary
Warbler (2nd record for the region, furthest north record, if accepted) at
Longridge is a standout passerine record, and finch numbers continue to impress.

Stay tuned to our website <https://www.jamesbayshorebirdproject.com/> and
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/jamesbayshorebirdproject/> page for future
updates, posted roughly every two weeks.

Good birding,
          Christian

Christian Friis

Wildlife Biologist, Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada
christian.fr...@canada.ca<mailto:christian.fr...@canada.ca> / Tel: 416.739.4908
/ Cel.: 416.574.7102

biologiste de la faune, Service canadien de la faune
Environnement et Changement Climatique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
christian.fr...@canada.ca<mailto:christian.fr...@canada.ca> / Tél. :
416.739.4908 / Tél. cell.: 416.574.7102