As I was passing by the favoured resting area east of Casselman late this
morning I didn't see any Snow Geese on the sod fields. There was a small
flock north of Monkland on Hwy 138. From Hwy 417 about a km west of Hwy 138
I noted a number of them on the field south of the road not far from the
back of the landfill site. I didn't have time to check fields north of Hwy
417 towards St. Isidore. The birds often head to harvested cornfields in
the area and as more corn is taken off the available sites will increase.

Directions: From Ottawa head east on Hwy 417, 8 km past Casselman, to Hwy
138. The sod farm is accessible from Lafleche Rd, 1 1/2 km south. This
leads to the landfill. Heavy trucks are constant on this road so use
pulloffs for viewing. There is no hunting on these grounds but there is
hunting in area fields so geese may be put up in the cornfields from time
to time.

>From Hwy 401, exit at Brookdale Ave. in Cornwall and go left to the end of
the street. Turn right to the light and left onto Hwy 138. The area is 30
minutes north.

If there are few or no birds on the sod fields first check the dirt road at
the north end of the sod fields heading west past the landfill. If none
there check a number of concessions northeast of Hwy 417 towards St.
Isidore.