Ontbirds subscribers,

Just after 11:00 a.m. I saw an immature Northern Gannet pass across Thickson
Bay going east. It was not doing any feeding dives at all, but was moving
strong to the east well out in the lake (more than a kilometre off my front
yard). I watched it until it was lost to sight beyond Stevenson Point to the
east of Thickson's Woods.

Posting for the benefit of those who might watch for it at points further east.

The bird was seen from Crystal Beach Boulevard south of Thickson's Woods.
Thickson's Woods is at the bottom of Thickson Road South about 2 km south of
exit 412 on Highway 401. Logical places to look for it in the next couple of
hours would be among any large feeding flocks of diving ducks between Oshawa
Harbour and Port Hope.

Glenn Coady
Whitby