Yesterday Bob Tyler and I birded the Toronto Islands on a beautiful Winters
day, at least it looked and felt like winter but very nice scenery.

Following are some of the birds we found.

Only 3 Cormorants, Great Blue Heron, Mute and Trumpeter Swans, high, south
bound Canada Geese, 6 Black, 2 Surf and 125+ White-winged Scoters the actual
number of Black and Surf Scoters were undercounted as we were birding without
scopes, Common Goldeneyes, 110+ Buffleheads, 73 Hooded, 400+ Red-breasted and
only 1 Common Merganser, Turkey Vultures,  Northern Harrier, 2 very late
juvenile Broad-winged Hawks, Red-tailed Hawks, Merlin, Downy and Hairy
Woodpeckers, Eastern Phoebe, Brown Creeper, Carolina Wren, 28 Eastern
Bluebirds, A. Robins, Hermit Thrush, 7 American Pipits, Cedar Waxwings,
Yellow-rumped Warblers, Tree, Song and White-throated Sparrows, 5 Fox Sparrows,
Dark-eyed Juncos and 100+ Red-winged Blackbirds flying west.

Vole, Mink, Beaver and Coyote tracks as well.

A Good Day.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, On

Sent from Mail for Windows 10