A few birders looked today for the Black-throated Gray Warbler found by Adam
Timpf yesterday at Rock Point Provincial Park. It was not found. Sue Barth
and I looked from 10:30 to 3:30 and others were there from very early until
after we arrived. Though it was not seen, it may well be around as most of
the birds that Adam saw yesterday were still there. Perhaps searchers need
to look a bit more widely in the park.

The park was very birdy - a lot of fun! The WHITE-EYED VIREO and PALM
WARBLER were seen, as was a NASHVILLE WARBLER, two HERMIT THRUSHES, a BROWN
THRASHER, four RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS, three WINTER WRENS, an EASTERN PHOEBE,
some AMERICAN PIPITS and DUNLIN, and a SPOTTED SANDPIPER, still sporting its
breeding plumage. The Orange-crowned Warbler and American Golden-Plover seen
by Adam were not found today. All of these birds were seen from the hunters'
parking lot to the southeastern corner of the park.

Concerning the Palm Warbler, we had never seen one with such dull undertail
coverts, which are normally bright yellow. Photos in our checklist:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S61453734

DIRECTIONS:

Rock Point is in Haldimand County, southeast of Dunnville, on the east side
of the Grand River and along the shore of Lake Erie. Proceed to the end of
Downey Road. There is a small parking lot that is for duck hunters, where
birders should not park, even though we saw no hunters today. However, you
can park on the side of Downey Road, just outside of the parking lot.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna

Wilson, NY