Ontbirders,

In case anyone is wondering, the long-staying Western Kingbird continues at the
extreme west end of the Desjardins Canal in Dundas. Best seen from the Urquhart
Butterfly Gardens. The bird likes to stay right down low by the water and flew
a couple of times while my daughter and I watched it - we first saw it at the
western edge and then it flew to the north side about 50m east of the western
end - it then flew back about 10 minutes later to the west end.  It has lost
many feathers on its forecrown (almost bald down the middle of the crown), a
little worrying with -10C coming tonight again.

Also of note in the same spot right by the water is an immature Green Heron -
very late!

At Sedgewick Forest in Oakville we also saw the White-eyed Vireo. Can be tough
to find as it moves around quietly and low to the ground. We were there for an
hour and about to leave when a sharp-eyed birder re-found it (they had been
there for 2 hours). It was seen working low just east of the fence near the NE
corner of the fenceline.

Good birding!
Frank & Sofia Pinilla
Richmond Hill

DIRECTIONS:

Urquhart Butterfly Garden - if coming from the east exit Hwy 403 at Hwy 6 North
and then exit to York Rd. Follow that about 5km (it changes to Olympic Drive
but stay straight) to King Street East, turn right on King and parking for the
gardens is on the left/south side of King.

Sedgewick Forest is found along Lakeshore Road West, east of 3rd Line in south
Oakville, between Sandwell Dr and Woodhaven Park Dr.

Sent from my iPhone