Detroit River Hawk Watch
Brownstown, Michigan, USA
Daily Raptor Counts: Nov 19, 2019

Black Vulture                0              0              0
Turkey Vulture               0           4011          52219
Osprey                       0              0             35
Bald Eagle                   0             15             93
Northern Harrier             0             74            339
Sharp-shinned Hawk           0            249           4106
Cooper's Hawk                0             33            116
Northern Goshawk             0              1              2
Red-shouldered Hawk          0            536            731
Broad-winged Hawk            0              0          64336
Swainson's Hawk              0              0              0
Red-tailed Hawk              0           3798           4656
Rough-legged Hawk            0             10             11
Golden Eagle                 0             45             49
American Kestrel             0              4            702
Merlin                       0              1             32
Peregrine Falcon             0              6             52
Unknown Accipiter            0              0              0
Unknown Buteo                0              0              1
Unknown Falcon               0              0              0
Unknown Eagle                0              0              0
Unknown Raptor               0              0              0

Total:                       0           8783         127480

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end   time: 12:00:00
Total observation time: 3 hours

Official Counter:        Kevin Georg

Observers:        Andrew Sturgess, Rosemary Brady

Visitors:
Zilch

Weather:
No Canada, their home and native land, could be seen today. Likewise for
the stacks. A strange stillness has settled over the area with fog and mere
zephyrs of wind if any at all. We are in a non-moving low pressure system
that is seeking direction and getting none. We toughed it out for three
hours before deciding that anymore time spent would be futile.

Raptor Observations:
Zilch

Non-raptor Observations:
We did see one of our local eagles flying by with the remains of a
waterfowl but little else was visible.

Predictions:
A better looking day as the barometer will be high and rising. The clouds
should clear but winds will continue to be light, although from a more
favorable direction. NW early, WNW later going to SW. With such little
motivation though the winds may not hold to the forecast. Hopefully the
buteos will take the opportunity to move somewhere that we can see and
count them.
Report submitted by Andrew Sturgess (ajye...@gmail.com)
Detroit River Hawk Watch information may be found at:
http://www.detroitriverhawkwatch.org

More site information at hawkcount.org:
http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=285
Count data submitted via Dunkadoo -  Project info at:
https://dunkadoo.org/explore/detroit-river-international-wildlife-refuge/detroit-river-hawk-watch-fall-2019