Hi Everyone,

After the first week of December the 2019-2020 Ontario winter bird list
stands at 164 species.Some rare species found so far include the
Great-tailed Grackle (0/12, zero seen in the last 12 years) and
Orange-crowned Warbler (11/12) found by Stu Mackenzie in Long Point,
Wilson's Warbler (7/12) in Sedgewick Park, a Great Egret (9/12) in Guelph,
a Wood Thrush (2/12) in Toronto, and a Spotted Towhee in Point Traverse,
Prince Edward County (6/12).

As usual after one week there are several holes to be filled in this
year's winter list. These include Ross's Goose, Brant, Spruce Grouse,
Black-crowned Night-Heron, American Woodcock, Short-eared Owl, Boreal
Owl, House Wren, Pine Warbler and Hoary Redpoll.

With the CBC's starting soon we will hopefully be filling in some of these gaps.

The list can be viewed at http://tinyurl.com/myyulvs. I try to update
the spreadsheet every couple of days or whenever I hear of a new
addition. Please let me know if you hear of a new addition or any
other correction to the spreadsheet.

Enjoy your CBC if you are participating,

Todd Hagedorn