This afternoon about 2:00 pm while I was looking over several hundred Canada
Geese (with one Snow Goose) in the flooded Carp River just south of the town of
Carp west of Ottawa, a single Great Egret flew in. It seemed restless and took
short flights to several spots along the river. It only stayed about five
minutes and then flew off out of sight behind some trees. This is the first
Great Egret I have heard about returning to eastern Ontario.
Good birding
Peter Hall