Last evening I tried to convince myself I saw a Lark Sparrow, but I wasn't
able to confirm the sighting until this evening when a Lark Sparrow did
appear on the wires around 7:10 P.M. on the Walsingham West Quarterline Rd,
between RR#60 and the 4th Concession (dirt 4th through Wilson Tract).
It was perched on the wires toward the bottom of the road roughly 6 hydro
poles from the sand rd. Lighting was poor, so I'm not sure if it was an
adult, or in 1st winter plumage, but the head pattern and other field marks
were unmistakable. There is a lot of potential breeding habitat in the
area, so I wonder if it had a territory locally or wandered in from further
west.

Directions: From the Busy Bee gas station at HWY 59 and 24 head west on
RR#60 before turning left (south) onto the West Quarterline Rd. Drive
towards the end of the road and check the wires and restored fields.

Happy Birding,

Adam Timpf
Walsingham, ON
--

Ontbirds and Birdnews are moderated email Listservs provided by the Ontario
Field Ornithologists (OFO) as a service to all birders in Ontario.

Ontbirds is reserved for sightings of provincially rare birds. To post a
message on Ontbirds, send an email to: birdalert@ontbirds.ca. If you have any
questions or concerns, contact the Ontbirds Moderators by email at
birdal...@ofo.ca. Please review posting rules and guidelines at
http://ofo.ca/site/content/listserv-guidelines

To edit your membership settings visit the Ontbirds setup page at: