> It was pointed several times before that with enough loud minority you can
> make any change seem controversial.

Yes, absolutely. Pushing something through despite a loud miniority (certainly
a well-informed one with valid reasons) is controversial.

This is not about miniorities and majorities. The *entire network* needs to
agree to switch to your new software. If there are months-long heated
discussions on every possible forum that is a clear sign that your change is
controversial. As Greg Sanders already says, we know one when we see one...

Wladimir