Dang you are right Thomas! I'm just pretty excited about this proposal and
sparking a discussion on this issue.

Here's some updates and thoughts:

   - Luke said: "BIPs wouldn't be recognised as such because nobody cares
   to meet the higher requirements"
      - Possibly true, but maybe not! I think people like having a say
      especially people with a lot of money on the line or those who are really
      passionate about Bitcoin
      - One counter example, I emailed all the sponsors of the workshop
      conference about their stance in regards to scalability going into the
      workshop and I got a 47% response rate (with 21% responding with
a concrete
      answer). See here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3isqmf/which_of_the_scaling_bitcoin_conference_sponsors/cujg3vc
      - One example that agrees with you, I talked to the #bitcoin-assets
      community and they seemed very against participating in future
BIPs or even
      allowing discussion with people outside their community:
      http://pastebin.com/H5WeNwu3
   - I'm seeking a historian or political science expert to assist me in
   this area. If you guys know any I'd be glad to talk to them about working
   with them.
   - Many people are complaining about the stake part, and are worried
   about the ambiguity. I firmly believe that proof of stake is a poor voting
   mechanism because it gives the most power to those that have a lot of
   money.
      - I think proof of stake might work for merchants to prove they have
      a decent economic stake if they sign with a well-known cold
wallet address,
      but I agree with someone that said merchants may be hesitant about doing
      that.