NACK

Horrible precedent (hardcoding rule changes based on the assumption that large
forks indicate a catastrophic failure), extremely poor process (already
shipped, now the discussion), and not even a material performance optimization
(the checks are avoidable once activated until a sufficiently deep reorg
deactivates them).