> On the other hand, I remember only 1 (one) inquiry about the privacy
> problems of BIP37 (or privacy at all).

IMO privacy its something developers should make sure users have it.
Also, I think, todays SPV wallets should make users more aware of the possible
privacy implications.

Do users know, if they pay for a good in a shop while consuming the shops WIFI,
that the shop-owner as well as the ISP can use that data to combine it with the
user profile (and ~ALL FUTURE purchases you do with the same wallet IN ANY
LOCATION online or in-person)?

Do users know, that ISPs (cellular; including Google) can completely link the
used Bitcoin wallet (again: all purchase including future ones) with the to the
ISP well known user profile including credit-card data and may sell the Bitcoin
data to any other data mining company?

If you use BIP37, you basically give your transaction history (_ALL
TRANSACTIONS_ including transactions in future) to everyone.

> From a regular user's point of view, privacy is non-issue. Sure,
> everyone would take it for free, but certainly not if it a) delays
> incoming payments or b) quickly eats up your traffic quota.

This may be true because they are not aware of the ramification and I don’t
think client side filtering is a drop-in replacement for todays, smartphone
SPV-model.

/jonas