I have written a height based reference implementation as well as updated the
BIP text in the following proposals

"lockinontimeout" was just an implementation detail to allow BIP8 the BIP9
implementation code. With the change to height based, we can dispense with it
entirely.
So the two changes BIP8 brings is BIP9 modified to use height not time, and
remove the veto failed state.
Code: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/master...shaolinfry:bip8-height
BIP: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/compare/master...shaolinfry:bip8-height