On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 23:11:38 CEST Gregory Maxwell via bitcoin-dev
wrote:
> I think it's great that people want to experiment with things like
> drivechains/sidechains and what not, but their security model is very
> distinct from Bitcoin's and, given the current highly centralized
> mining ecosystem, arguably not very good.  So positioning them as a
> major solution for the Bitcoin project is the wrong way to go. Instead
> we should support people trying cool stuff, at their own risk.
>
> So, given that although the vast majority of the things in the document
> are things I've been supporting for months (Please see Note 1 way down
> at the bottom) I cannot support your document.

I”m thinking along the same lines, a industry wide roadmap makes very little
sense.

Much like in Linux we have a lot of smaller groups doing their own thing,
all working for the good of Linux as they see it, and implicitly, as they
use it.
I think its safe to say that Linus would not want any say over the roadmap
of Intel or Google or any other particpant in the Linux space.

I am in agreement with Gregory that we should reject a Bitcoin-wide scaling
roadmap.

I do suggest that smalle groups publish their individual roadmaps, show what
they are planning to work on in a place that people will find it (a website,
not a mailinglist archive).

Those individual roadmaps then show what that group will work on, which
helps their communication. It helps people talking about Bitcoin to the
general public as well, and it helps people understand whom they would like
to support financially or otherwise.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io