Let me describe the possible improvement of the bitcoin blockchain database
(BBD)  size in general terms.

We can implement new routine : annual split of the BBD. Reason is that
140gb full wallet unconvinience.

BBD splits in two parts :
1) old blocks before the date of split and
2) new blocks, starting from first technical block with all rolled totals
on the date of split.
    (also possible transfer of tiny totals due to their unprofitability to
the miners, so we cut long tail of tiny holders)
3) old blocks packs into annual megablocks and stores in the side archive
chain for some needs for FBI investigations or other goals.

Thanks for your attention,

Alexey Mutovkin