Johnson Lau <jl2...@xbt.hk> writes:
> I don’t think this has been mentioned: without signing the script or masked
> script, OP_CODESEPARATOR becomes unusable or insecure with NOINPUT.
>
> In the new sighash proposal, we will sign the hash of the full script (or
> masked script), without any truncation. To make OP_CODESEPARATOR works like
> before, we will commit to the position of the last executed OP_CODESEPARATOR.
> If NOINPUT doesn’t commit to the masked script, it will just blindly
> committing to a random OP_CODESEPARATOR position, which a wallet couldn’t
> know what codes are actually being executed.

My anti-complexity argument leads me to ask why we'd support
OP_CODESEPARATOR at all?  Though my argument is weaker here: no wallet
need support it.

But I don't see how OP_CODESEPARATOR changes anything here, wrt NOINPUT?
Remember, anyone can create an output which can be spent by any NOINPUT,
whether we go for OP_MASK or simply not commiting to the input script.

Confused,
Rusty.