Many thanks for your thoughts, ZmnSCPxj.

> I believe there is indeed an important usecase for HTLB over HTLC, which is
> to improve the anonymity set. An HTLB over HTLC would be indistinguishable
> onchain from other uses of HTLC; assuming that HTLCs have other uses, this
> is a (small?) plus to privacy.
>
> Note that the redundant <digest> would have to be given by Alice to Bob,
> since using a standardized one will also reveal use of HTLB over HTLC
> instead of hiding it among other HTLC UTXOs.

Both these are good observations and I'll act on them.

> Another thing to improve privacy would be to apply the Funding Transaction
> pattern: https://zmnscpxj.github.io/offchain/generalized.html
<snip>

I've not read of the FTP before; I welcome it, and take on board that it
improves privacy by keeping a script offline. My first thought is that doesn't
affect the suggested BIP, so my next update here won't include it. I recognise
it would improve mainnet use of scripts though, so do expect to return to it.

Cheers,
--
Alistair Mann