Good morning Jose,

> > If the service provider retains even partial control, then it can refuse to
> > cooperate with the user and the user will be unable to update his or her
> > account.
> > This is not fixable by the use of mirror servers.
>
> You are right about that too… (I wonder if some kind of MAST smart contract
> could fix this, maybe you have a suggestion for this; I am thinking K of M
> users can override the service provider if he misbehaves)

Sybils are trivial, and a "quorum" of K users can always be manufactured for a
targeted attack.
Far better to use an n-of-n, with the service provider as one of the n, and use
pre-signed transactions like in Lightning Network to allow unilateral ending of
the agreement.

> What I have in mind, but haven’t completely figured out, in case of an
> uncooperative service provider -or just because one user decides to fly solo-
> is the possibility for a sub-account to ‘detach’ itself from the master
> account.

A "graftroot transform" can be done, at the cost of moving data offchain and
thus requiring easypaysy to have its own overlay network.
Basically, one commits onchain (via `OP_RETURN`, sign-to-contract,
pay-to-contract, or even just using P2PKH) some public key and a series of `R`
values.
Then, control messages are authorized by signatures validated with the public
key, and use up individual `R`s in the series of `R` values.
(Alternately we commit just to the public key and a "next" `R` value, and each
control message indicates a new public key and next `R` value that is signed
with the current public key and "current" `R` value, to form a chain of
off-blockchain control messages.)

Having a precommitted series of `R` values ensures that the signer can only
safely use an `R` once and thus cannot otherwise attack the network by giving
half of it one control message and the other half a conflicting control
message: if someone does so, the `R` must be reused between both conflicting
control messages and this allows trivial revelation of the private key (i.e. a
form of single-use-seal).
Presumably the private key is valuable by itself somehow.

> But, based on the private feedback I am having from two prominent figures in
> the space, making sure the protocol is easy to implement for SPV wallets is
> essential to encourage wallet adoption.
> A separate transport layer doesn’t fit well with this.

Indeed.

> So, maybe your suggestion will become more applicable in future iterations of
> the protocol. I may request your help for further clarification about this
> issue, if you are so kind (as you always are).
>
> > > d) Regarding your comments on the possibility of adding the output index
> > > in the account ID, I still don’t see the need for the use case of
> > > easypaysy (since, by definition, easypaysy accounts must have exactly one
> > > input and two outputs).
> >
> > Do you mean, that if the user makes a control transaction to change the
> > details of the account, then the user is forced to change the easypaysy
> > identifier?
> > My initial reading of your whitepaper is that the easypaysy identifier
> > refers to the funding txo that roots the further control transactions.
> > If so, the funding txo is not necessarily a one-input two-output
> > transaction.
>
> The easypaysy identifier doesn’t point to the funding TXO. Instead it points
> to the first transaction that spends the funding TXO (the TX with the
> OP_RETURN containing the ‘Rendezvous descriptor’)

Ah, I see my misunderstanding now.

Regards,
ZmnSCPXj