> Instead of using sidechains, just use channel factories.

I am not familiar enough with the latest advancements in this field. Is it
possible using LN/channel factories to achieve off-line-like participation user
experience without previous registration with any kind of gateway provider? For
example, can you go online, join the network [somehow instantly], generate
address/invoice and then put it somewhere for others to later use it when you
are off-line? Can you also participate while being off-line for very long
periods of time without relying on third party providers to secure your
channels? If not, is using sidechains really equally replaceable with LN/CF
constructions?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.