Hi Nathan,

That's a fair question, but note that we've already had a bunch of "green
mining" related posts a few months ago, so I suspect you'll be able to find
many criticisms to this idea in the following thread:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-May/018937.html

It also looks like you'll be able to find some related answers on Bitcoin
Stack Exchange:
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/106308/decreasing-energy-consumption-of-bitcoins-pow-with-paired-mining-rounds

And generally speaking these types of discussions don't end up being very
fruitful for bitcoin-dev, because these are the types of changes that are
unlikely to ever be seriously considered for Bitcoin.

Cheers,
Ruben