On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 at 15:49, Michael Folkson via bitcoin-dev <
bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Assuming 90 percent of miners don't signal for it in one of the Speedy
> Trial windows then the activation attempt will have failed and it will be
> back in Jeremy's court whether he tries again with a different activation
> attempt.
>
> Assuming 90 percent of miners do signal for it (unlikely in my opinion but
> presumably still a possibility) then the CTV soft fork could activate
> unless full nodes resist it.

This is wrong. Miners do not have the mandate to decide the faith of
softforks. The MO of softforks is that once a softfork has been merged, it
already has consensus and must be activated by miners eventually. The
various activation methods exist to ensure miners cannot sabotage a
softfork that has consensus.

The way you phrase it, makes it sound like miners have any say over
softforks. This is not the case.

Zac