Hi Michael,

> In this particular case the -mempoolfullrbf configuration option is in the
> recent Bitcoin Core 24.0 release and so can be used both on mainnet and the
> default signet, testnet etc. What could be tested on this custom signet that
> can't be tested on the default signet with Bitcoin Core 24.0? Perhaps there
> are some things that are easier to test with a smaller custom signet network
> starting from scratch?

1. Signet miners and dictators are not interested to use full RBF
2. Testnet is weird and I only use it when a project doesn't support signet
3. Mainnet v24.0 is not released yet although Peter Todd is trying few things,
I am not even sure if it will be available, testing should not depend on
politics.
4. Main/Default Signet miners and dictators did not respond or agree to use
full RBF.

Testing is important and I love it. I do not care about others.

> I know a number of people have struggled (e.g. [0], [1]) to get a custom
> signet set up. I think the CTV signet took a while to get set up too. It
> seems you followed the instructions on the Bitcoin wiki [2] for setting this
> one up? Was there anything you found difficult or was counterintuitive
> getting this custom signet set up? You are the sole block signer on this
> custom signet. How regularly are you mining blocks (e.g. strictly every 10
> minutes, replicating the Poisson process on mainnet, adhoc etc?) Are you
> running this custom signet node on the same machine as a default signet,
> mainnet, testnet full node? I'm a little tentative to start joining custom
> signet networks on the same machine that is already running other nodes but
> perhaps there are no problems.

I had no issues except this command:

``
$ ../contrib/signet/miner --cli="./bitcoin-cli" calibrate
--grind-cmd="./bitcoin-util grind" --seconds=600
```

I had no clue we need to wait for some seconds/minutes for output. Although its
okay.

I used default settings and it should mine with it forever or my AWS
subscription is cancelled.

I am trying to help Bitcoin. Although not a big influencer. If most of the
developers think its okay to test it directly on mainnet, there is nothing
wrong with it. You will get some insights/bugs from this experiment if enough
users try it.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.ichael

/dev/fd0