Good morning John, et al,

> > As has been pointed out by may others before, full RBF is aligned with
> > miner (and user) economic incentives
>

> This is a theory, not a fact. I can refute this theory by pointing out
> several aspects:
> 1. RBF is actually a fee-minimization feature that allows users to game the
> system to spend the *least* amount in fees that correlates to their
> time-preference. Miners earn less when fees can be minimized (obviously).
> This feature also comes at an expense (albeit small) to nodes providing
> replacement service and propagation.

It is helpful to remember that the fees are a price on confirmation.
And in economics, there is a "price theory":

* As price goes down, demand goes up.
* As price goes up, net-earning-per-unit goes up.

The combination of both forces causes a curve where *total* earnings vs price
has a peak somewhere, an "optimum price", and that peak is *unlikely* to be at
the maximum possible price you might deem reasonable.
And this optimum price may very well be *lower* than the prevailing market
price of a good.

Thus, saying "RBF is actually a fee-minimization feature" neglects the
economics of the situation.
If more people could use RBF onchain, more people would use Bitcoin and
increase the value to miners.

Rather than a fee-minimization feature, RBF is really an optimization to *speed
up* the discovery of the optimum price, and is thus desirable.

Unfortunately many 0-conf acceptors outright reject opt-in-RBF, despite the
improved discovery of the optimum price, and thus there is a need for full-RBF
to improve price discovery of blockspace when such acceptors are too prevalent.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj