I think logically:

- if you want to store something big and can afford several txs in your
design, then you use something like witness

- if you want to store small things like signatures, addresses hashes
and some metadata and your design does not make several txs easy, then
you use OP_RETURN

Then how can we move forward with several OP_RETURN and no size limit?

I can start posting a bug/enhancement proposal in bitcoin repo but can't
write the PR

--
Sophia-Antipolis, France
CV: https://www.peersm.com/CVAV.pdf