On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 12:40:44PM +0000, Michael Folkson via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> I do think the perception that it is “the one and only” staging
> ground for consensus changes is dangerous

If you think that about any open source project, the answer is simple:
create your own fork and do a better job. Competition is the only answer
to concerns about the bad effects from a monopoly. (Often the good effects
from cooperation and collaboration -- less wasted time and duplicated
effort -- turn out to outweigh the bad effects, however)

In any event, inquisition isn't "the one and only staging ground for
consensus changes" -- every successful consensus change to date has
been staged through the developers' own repo then the core PR process,
and that option still exists.

Cheers,
aj