Hi Michael,

Yes, I had requested CVE ID after v24.1 was released as Anthony Towns being the
discoverer.

I would follow the process shared here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/SECURITY.md when bitcoin core
developers do not disclose vulnerabilities publicly as GitHub issues which are
read by everyone including 3 letter agencies. I don't think there was anything
left in the issue after discussing it for days for me to add anything new. I
was clear about some things the moment I read the issue and its one of the
reasons I created this thread on May 9 (public) about a public GitHub issue
after following it for a few days.

It would still qualify as a vulnerability if it only affected debug builds.

> You weren't particularly clear with what has occurred.

It would be better we have less assumptions about such things.

/dev/fd0
floppy disk guy

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.