Hi Maxim,

> In this regard, I’d like to propose the following:
>
> 1.  The bitcoin-dev mail list must have a clear moderation (or
> pre-publication peer-review policy). It can be proposed and discussed in this
> mail list and, upon agreement, must become public and obligatory.
> 2.  Bryan Bishop, who was acting for a long time as moderator, must be
> appreciated for many years of unpaid work, and replaced with the new
> moderator who should be selected from a list of potential candidates (again
> in this mail list) using the criteria “least votes against”.
> 3.  The role of the moderator(s) must be purely executive of the policies,
> without any personal preferences.
> 4.  A dedicated mail list should be created (“bitcoin-dev-unmoderated”) which
> will publish all submissions without moderation. It may contain spam and only
> people interested in the auditing bitcoin-dev main mal list non-censorship
> will be reading it. However, if they will notice that some non-spam e-mails
> were censored, they can announce that publicly. In this case, the failing
> moderator(s) should be removed and replaced.
> 5.  The incentive to work as a moderator should be reputation-based.

- I doubt moderation policy would change anything as it could be interpreted
differently by everyone and misused. We have seen this in [BIPs repository][0]
recently.

- We should change moderators regularly since everyone has their bias and
mailing list is important part of discussions related to bitcoin development.

- Unmoderated mailing list front end could be created using all the emails from
archives and moderated section. Moderated emails have attachments that would
need some [EML parser][1].

I don't even know who are the present moderators or people with access to
moderation queue. There should be some transparency about it.

[0]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1408
[1]:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2022-April/020213.html

/dev/fd0