Hi Tom,

without having gone into the details yet, thanks for the great effort you have
put into this research and implementation already!

> The bulk of our size savings come from replacing the prevout of each input by
> a block height and index.

Have you also considered using just an index from a sorted UTXO set instead?
The potential additional space saving might be minor but this would make the
scheme compatible with pruning. I had this on my list as a future research
topic but didn't get around to it yet.

Thanks,
Fabian