Hello Robin,

I'm very interested in this development, as I've been longing for arbitrary
smart contracts on bitcoin for a while. I've got a couple questions I'd like to
ask, on behalf of myself and some others I've been discussing this with.

1. Do you have plans to implement a high-level language that can compile down
to this or maybe adapt some existing VM to make these scripts? I'm sure many
would love to get their hands on something a bit more workable to test this out.

2. What are the expected computational costs of establishing the tapleaves for
these scripts? Is it feasible to do complex things like ECDSA signature
checking, etc? I worry that the hardware required to use this tech will be a
barrier in it's widespread use.

3. Would it be possible to implement existing zero-knowledge proof constructs
on BitVM, and would that make verification simpler? I.e. instead of verifying
your program directly with BitVM, have your program be written in some ZKP VM,
and just have the proof verification execute on BitVM

4. What are the expected costs of resolving a fraud for a program? I assume
this is quite nuanced and has to do with the exact circumstances of the
program, but would it be possible for you to provide some examples of how this
might go down for some simple programs to aid comprehension?

Thanks,
Symphonic

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.