On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 08:13:14PM -0400, Gavin Andresen wrote:
> Quick status update on 0.4; I probably won't have time to tackle these
> properly before Tuesday:
>
> + sipa found what looks like a deadlock between the addr-handling and
> IRC-join-handling code.

I've compiled bitcoind with Gavin's DEBUG_LOCKORDER, and fixed two potential
reported deadlock issues (see
https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commits/lockfixes).

No deadlock warnings are given any more, but the issue remains. Just starting up
bitcoin with an empty addr.dat seems enough to cause it every few attempts.
Is there is locked code that waits for an event that never occurs?

--
Pieter