Hi bitcoin-development,

blockchain.info generates non-BIP-compliant URIs in its QRcodes, as
does its iPhone app. They are of the form bitcoin://address not
bitcoin:address.

I asked Ben to fix this (social networks don't parse QRcodes after
all), but after explaining that social networks don't parse URLs
without :// in them, he stopped responding to my emails. So I've gone
ahead and added support for reading these types of URLs to bitcoinj,
in the interests of "just works" interoperability.

This mail is just a heads up in case anyone else wants to do the same
thing. Hopefully at some point, Ben will stop generating such QRcodes
and we can remove these hacks and get back to BIP compliance.