On Thursday, August 02, 2012 4:43:25 PM Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Opening the floor...  What do we collectively want to happen, before
> 0.7 release?  What is the todo list for 0.7?

Based on pull-capable dev comments, I've personally noted these branches as
accepted for 0.7:

> 7) HOPEFULLY: Addnode optimization and addnode access via RPC
> BlueMatt https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1549
>
> 8) MAYBE: Transition to requiring block height in block coinbases
> gavinandresen https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1526
>
> 10) I THINK WE WANT THIS?  Make IPv6 support optional again (defaults
> to enabled)
> luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1431
>
> 11) MAYBE: getblocktemplate ('getmemorypool', post IRC debate)
> luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/936
+
+ m) getmemorypool: longpolling support
+ luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1355
+
+ m) Refactor transaction/accounting time
+ luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1393

I also personally feel these are appropriate and ready for 0.7:
> 4) Add 'mempool' P2P command, and extend 'getdata' behavior
> jgarzik https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1641
>
> 6) JSON-RPC method: prioritisetransaction <txid> <priority delta>
> luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1583
>
> 9) RPC: add facility to enable RPCs to run outside cs_main, wallet locks
> jgarzik https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1493
+
+ m) Treat generation (mined) transactions less different from receive
+ transactions
+ luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1409

Also these, but they need testing:
> 1) CreateNewBlock: Child-pays-for-parent / Add transaction fee later
> luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1647
>
> 5) PROBABLY NOT, BUT MAYBE: Relay blocks as a "preview" before
> checking the transactions in them
> luke-jr https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1586
+
+ m) Bitcoin-Qt (Windows only): enable DEP for bitcoin-qt.exe
+ diapolo https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1614

I also feel it is very important that Wumpus/laanwj decide on a name for his
client (formerly known as Bitcoin-Qt) and add it to the software instead of
simply claiming it is "Bitcoin" as it has for a week or so now - that change
is anticompetitive and will confuse new users into thinking Bitcoin is the
software too easily.

Luke