We have been discussing something like this over here too, as well as exploring
more esoteric blockchain+signature-based "SSO" implementations as discussed by
John Light and others.

One of our long-term ambitions with Hive is to provide a (mostly)
user-transparent, decentralized authentication service. It sounds like our
infrastructure could already handle a Persona implementation, and we very much
want to get behind some forward-thinking standard. So as long as the plan _IS_
to remove said 'centralized struts' at the appropriate time, I'd say we're
interested in exploring this further.

-wendell

grabhive.com | twitter.com/grabhive | gpg: 6C0C9411