On 2013-10-19, at 1:40 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "I wasn't even allowed to edit the wiki"
>
> I'm confused about this, if he's referring to en.bitcoin.it.  Editing
> it is open to anyone who is willing to pay the 0.01
> (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinPayment) anti-spam fee. This isn't
> a policy set by the bitcoin development community, though I'm not sure
> that its a terrible one. I've both paid it on behalf of other users
> and made edits on behalf of people who didn't want to go to it.  At
> least relative to some policy which requires actual approval the
> payment antispam is at least open to anyone with Bitcoin.

I have a question regarding this part. I wrote a BIP for base 58 encoding /
encryption of BIP 32 root keys. The BIP page states that we shouldn't add to
this list ourselves, but should contact you for a BIP number. I have contacted
you a couple times on bitcointalk for a BIP number, but haven't received a
response (or do those requests explicitly have to go to your email address)?

Proposal in question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258678.0

Cheers,

jp