But these cases are the norm, rather than the exception. Of all these
places I spend my money at during the day I hardly ever know their
official name. I'm thinking in terms of "bakery", "indian restaurant" or
"snack vending machine".

In Germany usually businesses are named like the people that run it.
That usually just one or two random family names plus the legal form of
the company.